Training Centre Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. In booking an activity or course the participant acknowledges that the activity may be physically and emotionally challenging and that there are inherent risks associated with this activity.
2. All participants in on-water sessions must be able to swim. An approved buoyancy aid must always be worn when on the water or any pontoons.
3. The full course/tuition fee is payable at the time of booking via the online portal.
4. A minimum of three participants is required for sailing courses to be run (except for individual or 2:1 training sessions). Powerboat courses require a minimum of two participants unless a participant is prepared to undertake 1:1 tuition at the higher rate. Courses not achieving this size may be rescheduled.
5.In the event of unsuitable weather the affected part of the course may be rescheduled. The senior instructor on site will determine what is considered unsuitable weather and their decision is final.
6. Cancellation policy: in the event your course is cancelled by FGSC due to adverse weather or any other reason you will be entitled to reschedule your course to an alternative date or receive a full refund. Should you cancel any booking with a minimum of 14 days notice you will receive a full refund subject to the conditions in clause 7. If you cancel your booking with less than 14 days notice refunds will be at discretion of FGSC dependant on the space(s) being rebooked by another student(s). Such refund will not be unreasonably withheld and also subject to clause 7.
7. Any cancellations made by or on behalf of a participant will be less any charges incurred by FGSC from banks or card handling organisations associated with both the original payment and the refund.
8. In the event that a course participant, through illness or otherwise, misses the start of (or any other part of) the course, Fowey Gallants Sailing Club are under no obligation to offer completion of the course, any refund or to transfer the booking.
9. Personal insurance is the responsibility of the course participant. Course participants are advised to take out personal insurance for any courses to cover the event of missing the course, cancellation, curtailment, personal injury, accident, damage to (or loss of) personal equipment or any other reason either caused by the course participant or beyond their control. (Note FGSC holds insurances to cover participants, club boats and any actions arising from its employees or third parties whilst in a club boat or on club premises).
10. Course participants using their own equipment do so at their own risk and Fowey Gallants Sailing Club will accept no liability for damage or loss howsoever caused. Equipment must have suitable insurance cover and meet minimum buoyancy requirements.
11.Fowey Gallants Sailing Club reserves the right to vary course details, dates and prices without prior notice.
12.All course participants and visitors with the course participant will adhere to the Fowey Gallants Sailing Club rules and to ensure behaviour is Social, Respectful, Competitive and Supportive at all times. A copy of the club rules are available on the club website via the portal.
Last updated on 14 January 2024
Last updated 19:16 on 24 February 2024